Friday, May 22, 2009

little bit of this and a little bit of that

I woke up Thursday and said to myself "i need change today" So instead of busting out the tank of a bike i use to get to work everyday, i ran instead. It was a great morning for it. I wore a fanny pack to keep my lunch in and away i went. After 13 mins and just under 2 miles i was at work and ready to start my day. The run home was warm but nice just the same. After walking in the door i decided that wasn't going to be the last change of pace thing i would do on this day.
So i went into the garage and loaded up my car with my brothers kayak and headed a few blocks east to the lake. Now as far as i know i've never done this before and it showed. As i was trying to get into the small skiff i almost fell into the water about four times right in front of some fishermen whom at least pretended not to notice. Once finally in i found myself wondering why i didn't bring my fishing pole but there's always next time, and besides today i was after a
work out. It took me awhile to figure out what a smooth stroke felt like and before i knew it my ABS and my shoulders were feeling the burn. After about 15 mins i made a turn and realized that the wind + kayak= hard/wet work out. I pushed it for another five mins before i took a break. Time for some food. I reached for the raisins only to find that they had gotten soaked and tasted more like grapes again then rasins. I paddled around for alittle while longer and called it quites after 39 mins. The trip was a success, I had fun doing something new and got a good work out in as well. After unloading the car i figured i might as well go for a quick ride before my softball game. I went for a short 20 mile ride and more or less just tried to hold my LT which feels really low for some reason. I start to feel it around 157 HR . I'm sure some of this has to do with the amount of stress i've been putting on my body lately but i hope it goes up soon.
After the ride it was time for the softball game. A big W was a nice way to end a great day.
I must have really tuckered myself out, i didn't even wake up in the night to use the little boys room.

2 comments:

  1. your posts are funny.
    You can get a workout in the kayak while fishing. It's called trolling and out on Winnebago that is the way to catch yourself some fish. It'd be pretty easy - paddle out to one of the reefs and just go up and down those. You'd be tired and catch too many walleyes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a heck of an idea. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete