Tuesday, May 19, 2009

blowing off steam

At the end of my work outs i like to ask myself "did i do enough today to win tomorrow?" and with some pent up frustration on my side stemming from Iola, i headed to high cliff by bike for some hill repeats. When i got there i saw that i was not the only one with this idea which i found to be very helpful. The other biker had shaved legs so i figured he must mean business...right ; )
My plan was to do 15 hill repeats and then turn around and ride back to O town. This started out pretty well and before i knew it i was on my 15th repeat and had passed the biker twice. But while i was on my way down from my 15th i noticed that my bair legged buddy was on his way up, so i couldn't help but shoot myself up the hill once more in hope of catching him for the third time. By that point i was pretty cooked and about half way up the hill i realized that it was going to be close. So i mustered every bit of bennie i had left and pulled ahead of him with no more than 20 yards to the top. I did feel kind of bad passing him like that but he didn't seem to mind. And after all i was just doing my work out.
After my ride back down from the 16th repeat i decided to let the wind carry me back to Oshkosh, i love a tail wind after a hard work out.
After parking the two wheeled torcher machine, i checked out what i had achieved on my garmin.
I rode 65 miles and some change totaling 3:40 min of saddle time and alittle over 8 miles of climbing. While drinking a recovery drink i thought to myself "Yes, i think i did enough today to win tomorrow" That thought was quickly followed by "Gosh i miss Tennessee"
The end.
P.S. The search for the camera continues

3 comments:

  1. great weekday ride. spending time like this, you should be contending in no time

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAP. looks like I gotta start training harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks man, I was told your legs are to strong for your chain? Bummer man but the season is long so keep it up and go stick it to them!

    ReplyDelete