Wednesday, May 13, 2009

it's been awhile

a lot of riding has been done in between my last blog and now. I don't plan on telling about all of it but rather just the high lights. It may be out of order as well so hang with me.
have you ever rode past a road over and over wondering what's down it but never taken a chance on it?? Well i have and i decided it was time to take that chance and send myself sailing down this hill that would lead me to what i would find to be the township of winchester. It turned out to be a great new loop. I was happy to find that i would be able to keep my favorite hill in mikesville in the loop as well. Total milage 40 and change.
May 9th would mark the first mountain bike race of the year. The event would be a 12 hour, four man team @ the camp. It was Luke, Jvog, Ryan and myself and we thought this one lap at a time thing was for the birds so before the race started we thought two laps at a time would be faster. I started the race completing the nine mile lap in 40 mins and some odd seconds. About half way through that lap i thought to myself "who's idea was this two lap thing? i'm only half way done with this lap and i'm already dead" the second lap i would complete would feel better and i would come in about a min quicker maybe due to better trail conditions. The first lap and a half it was raining. This is taking way to long to say we all had fun and we took 3rd out of 12 teams.
My first true time trial took place on may 11th with the Oshkosh cycling club. An four mile out and back course, totaling eight miles. The course had some rolling hills but overall i thought it was a good course. I did have some problems clipping in at the start and turning around the cone at the half way point, but all things considered i thought it went well. I averaged 23.91 mph. The top guy averaged over 26 mph. It goes without saying he was "burning the tires and lighting the fires" Yeah he's fast.
I'm gonna say my goal is going to be 24.5 by the end of the year. There's one time trial a month so i have a few more shots at this.
Sorry no pics, i don't know where my camera is.
The end

No comments:

Post a Comment