Wednesday, June 17, 2009

suffer cup

So today was the last day of a short week of training for the Subaru cup. Which in my mind might as well be called the suffer cup because that's how it's going down on Saturday with or with out rain. I've raced this course twice now, once wet and once dry and they both hurt like hell. In my mind the person that is willing to suffer the most will win this race. There's not enough technical sections there to put a technically inclined rider at an advantage. Just alot of climbing. (for wisco) GET READY TO HURT!
Ok where was i ?? emm yes the last training ride. Well it started out alittle different in the fact that i chose to do my 37 mile loop backwards. That was only the beginning of the madness, as i made the turn off center rd i saw one of my favorite cows wanting to race me? He was looking right at me with his front legs on the top of the fence as if to say i bet you'd be going faster up that hill if i was chasing you. I agreed and stood up and grinded up the remainder of the hill. I made it about 15 miles further into my ride before the first bird started chasing me. I'm not sure what i was more worried about getting pecked at or pooped on. I mean after all i was wearing my frank jersey. He hung with me pretty good until i hit 25 mph then he said screw it, i'll just call a few miles up the road and have my buddy chase you. And he did just that because oh i'd say about two miles up the road i started getting chased again. I tell ya... Most people get harassed by dogs. Not this guy, birds and cows! After that the rest of the ride was pretty low key. When i got home i ate some raisins, cut the grass and now it's time to rest. Resting is laying in bed with a bottle and your legs up.. Digging up your back yard, that's not resting. : )

One of these days i'll get the camera out again. I wish i coulda got a shot of that cow.

1 comment: