Thursday, June 4, 2009

lets try this again

Today was my last training ride before WORS #3 which was refreshing just to think about. Since i didn't race last weekend and with my chain breaking at Iola , i've been looking forward to this race for awhile now.
I headed towards the lake and was moving along pretty good and all i could think was "man i must have some major tail wind action, the ride home is going to suck" But i figured, all well if i have it now, i might as well use it now. As i made my way up and over a bridge i saw a tractor and decided that i should chase it down. I sprinted up skeleton bridge (sounds hard core right) i caught him and motor paced him down and around the corner until he turned off. It wasn't nearly as cool as it sounds, for one.. freshly cut hay might taste good to the cows but i am not a cow and two... i was only going 22 mph. But a fun story none the less. Speaking of tractors, judging by the large amount of cow dung i encountered in various locations today on the road i'd have to say it's manure spreading season! I thought for sure on that last patch i was going to blow a tube. I saw it coming from a distance and thought oh boy this is going to be a story. But as luck would have it i sailed right through it and it wasn't even wet. "great success"
I took an extended loop today that i hadn't taken before and i'm glad i did. It took me right past a little ol car shop that had five el caminos!!! I've wanted one of those since i was a kid and i'm not really sure why. I guess i just like/liked the idea of having room to put stuff and not having to drive a big truck to do it. So needless to say i enjoyed the extra four miles.
The wind i was dreading riding into on the way home ended up being more of a breeze than anything and was a nice way to end the ride.
Now it's off to softball..... Still unbeaten!

2 comments: