Sunday, September 6, 2009

back to the trails

After not being on my mountain bike for nearly a month before WORS # 9 I knew some changes were in order. I got a hold of Jim who was willing to show me some trails just out side of fondy that i had never heard of. I wasn't sure what to expect when we first got there. But it didn't take long for me to decide this would not be the last time I would ride there. It was alittle over grown but i could clearly see how great this place was. Now I don't want to miss lead you half the reason why this place is "great" is because it's only about a 30 min drive which is by far the closest mtb trails for me. And it's not nine mile comparable, it probably has 7 miles? of singletrack all together so there's not a ton but the stuff that's there is pretty good stuff. It's tight, some of it very tight! there's a creek crossing, some technical climbs, a small bridge, rocks, roots, a pine section that's very fast, and some great views of the lake. I have yet to buy a camera but when i do I'll be sure to post some pictures of this hidden treasure.


I saw another opertunity to get back on the trails for the second time in four days which hasn't happend for me since the franklin wors race. I went camping with some friends up north and decided that I'd make a stop on the way home and hit some trails. Those trails turned out to be the nine mile trails and as i was getting ready I saw a familur face riding tords me. It was no other than Justin Lund taking his new turner out for it's first spin. Now I don't ride nine mile that often, in fact I can count on one hand how many times I've been there outside of wors on one hand. So to say i don't know the trails very well would be and understatement. With Justin as my guide we headed out and rode for about an hour and a half before Justin called it quites. As he put in over an hour before i got there. So after he left i headed back out for another hour or so and had a good crash before i called it quites. I was sailing through a twistie singletrack section when i sholdered a tree and almost ended up head first into another tree. After that i called it quites and headed home.


Both days were ridin on my singlespeed. That beast is really growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment