Sunday, July 19, 2009

kewasted (kewaskum)

Kewaskum, race number 6 in the wors series. I felt pretty good going into this race, I've raced here three years and had good results every time including an overall victory. Before the race the biggest worry i had was getting a good start and staying in contact with the leaders. I'm notorious for bad starts. As the GOOOOOOOO sounded i found both of my pedals pretty quick and had myself a good start, goal accomplished. Shortly after the start there was a crash that my teammate Jesse was in that i narrowly missed. I reached the first climb in the top 10 in my wave, right where i wanted to be. After cruising through the corn field, and going back and forth in an open field to complete the lap I was feeling good about where i was, i'm guessing fourth in my wave. The second lap came and went with little to no change in my position or my fatigue level. The third lap started alright enough but ended with me on the brink of bonking. Not what i needed going into the long strung out and at some points pretty steep climb at the start of each lap. The fourth lap was where i started to feel like a real big "shit burger"(name that movie). Racers started to pass me one after the other. I finally made it to the finish line and once i stopped racing i figured i would start to feel better....Not the case, I in fact felt worse. My stomach was tight, my head hurt and i felt like i was on heavy drugs. After getting some water from some caring teammates i started to feel alittle better. I took 25th overall and 4th in my age group, a far cry from what i was hoping for. All and all it was a rough course, and a rough race for many.
Looking forward to Franklin!

3 comments:

  1. perhaps you shoulda took a PBR handup from Paul?! Maybe you would have felt better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he just yelled that i sucked really loud as i went by :, (

    ReplyDelete